At Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) we are committed to protecting your privacy, and support a general policy of openness about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
What Personal Information We Collect
The personal information collected may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number in a non-business capacity if applicable and necessary);
- Proof of identity (such as a signature);
- Financial and billing information (such as credit card number/expiration date and credit history); and
- Demographic information (such as length of service and occupation).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with personalized services and interactive communication;
- Send you member surveys and newsletters;
- Provide you with timely and reliable services;
- Do all the things necessary to administer those services;
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those services;
- Advise you about new services offered by EFC or EFC’s select affiliates that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
- Bill you for our products and services; and
- Collect outstanding debts.
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
EFC retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
Except with your consent, we will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to or with others.
EFC reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
EFC also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of EFC or of any of the business or assets or shares of EFC or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
Knowledge and Consent
EFC collects personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use.
The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of the individual in the circumstances.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at 905.602.8877. We will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
When you visit our website, we place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
EFC makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss, theft and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to your personal information is restricted to selected employees or representatives.
Links to Third Party Sites
Contacting Us/Correcting or Updating Your Information
180 Attwell Drive, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M9W 6A9